Task 2: The Prickles from inside


Hi, I´m here again! I´m Juan and this week I´m the journalist for the task of this week. The task for this week was Treasure Hunt: Map Projections, AKA Media are not neutral. The first thing that my team, The Prickles, did was to assign the new roles for this week. 

On Monday, the task was presented in a video, which explained that media are not neutral, giving the example of map projections. Those are distorted and don´t reflect exactly the reality of our world, showing countries smaller or bigger than they are.


Well, once that the explanation of the task was done and we have checked the feedback in order to correct our weak points, we thought that we should collect all the information that we could and in gather up on Tuesday to compare idea and data, as we did last week.


Looking for information on Internet

Tuesday arrived and everything went according to the plan, so after comparing and sharing everything that we had found we got down to work! After several hours we ended our project for the exposition. I want to remark the idea of my pal Paula of dressing up our stars with the objective to make the exposition of the next day funny and original. We disguised our stars, Jamal and Sara, like people from France and Bolivia, because were the countries that we were comparing in the exposition.The disguises were a little bit improvised but they worked pretty well.

Finally, in the day of the exposition, our stars did an amazing work. As the star of the last week I know the preassure of that role, so my congratulations to them and all the stars of that day!


Here are some photos of the process of our work and the exposition. Have fun trying to find some funny faces:






Before I go, I want you to check the post of my colleagues from the group Loonatics. I left a coment there!
http://loonatics.blogspot.es/1456499996/concepts-task-ii/#com

Well, that´s all for this week. Enjoy the weekend!



Share:

1 comentarios

  1. Well, I miss some more info about HOW have you done the work? the process, how have you divide the task, developed it, organize the time, and so on... remember, a journalist chronic is the basic info for improving the process

    ResponderEliminar