Facilitator, week 6. Summarizing.

Hello everyone, I'm Leona and this week I was the facilitator.

I was a bit apprehensive about this role, as I didn't know what to expect or how difficult or easy it was going to be.

It was definitely a lot more easier than I had imagined. I thought I was going to have to be screaming 24/7 at my group. That was not the case at all, we work very well as a group considering we are nine members.

Our project for this week was to summarize in a video all that we have learned over the past weeks (TPACK, Map projections, Creative Commons, good presentation, dark side of textbooks). I enjoyed the last task the best: the dark side of textbooks.

First of all, we reviewed all the activities that we had done over the past weeks. Once we had done that, we all helped with the video. One person was on the computer and the others were trying to come up with what we could write on the video. The website we used to do the video this week was called PowToon. I never knew it existed until this week and I would definitely use it again.

This week Mar was the star and she had to present the video. After that, each group had to score the other groups and we pretended that we were in the Eurovision when the stars were announcing the results. It was very funny and original.

I think being the facilitator is easy if your group takes you seriously and knows you mean business and actually listens to you, if not, in my opinion, you're just wasting your time. What is the point of telling people what to do if they're just going to ignore you? To be a good facilitator, you have to find the balance between being strict but also remembering you're not superior to the rest of your members, and it is so necessary to take everyone's opinions into account.

To be honest, we were expecting to get a higher score in the Eurovision contest as we really worked hard on our video and thought we did a pretty good job. Out of the whole class, if I remember correctly we came 5th. I suppose it shows you that you always have to push yourself to the limit and never settle for less. All we can do now is keep improving little by little.

Well that's all for this week. I hope you enjoy reading my post and also that it is helpful for you all in the future.

See you next week, have a great weekend! :-)

Share:

0 comentarios