STARS STELLATE. WEEK 3

Hey, it´s James and Felix, the two stars from this weeks´ task. We worked together to put the presentation together and to prepare the exposition, which didn´t go too well. We divided the work in the way we considered to be most fair, although neither of us enjoy being the star.
Being the star is a difficult job if you don´t like talking in front of large amounts of people, and you also have to be responsible for making sure the work of the group was worth it and present the task as well as possible.
After this brief introduction, we will talk about our personal opinion on being star on the day of the exposition:
I, James, didn´t want to be the star at all, but by random selection, it was my turn this week. Although I hated the idea of being the star, doing a four minute presentation with someone else isn´t the worst it could be!
I feel like we spent a lot more time preparing the PowerPoint than the actual presentation, which showed during our turn on Wednesday. We looked over everything a few times but we still weren´t prepared enough.
It was a short presentation on vertebrate animals, so we didn´t do much talking. I explained the main characteristics of mammals, reptiles and fish, and also the three different types of vertebrates depending on what they eat (carnivores, herbivores or omnivores).
This week I learnt that I must get over my “fear” of speaking in public, and that teaching any subject is difficult if you can´t find a way to make it interesting.
I, Félix, I didn't want to be the star,like my classmate James, but this week was my turn to try to explain one task and see where I have failed and how to improve it. First of all I have to say that this time have been my first presentation in english and yes, the nerves have won the game. This is a problem when you have to explain one task because you can't explain properly and you have to explain slower than if you have more skill. I think that my presentation wasn't the best and it could be the worst and therefore I want to improve the way of explain the tasks and get more skill repeating another presentation or in this case, repeating the same.
It was a short presentation where James and me tried to explain to our class the vertebrates and the different types of this animals. I think that the content was good but the way of explain it we have to improve it.
I learnt a lot in this week being the star because I have seen that the presentations have to be more dynamic and less bored and I have seen that the class have to participate in the presentation for two reason, to learn better and to pay attention. I think that I have to improve the way how I explain, eliminate the nerves and try to be more dynamic. It was a difficult week but a week where I, being star, have learnt a lot how to get skill during my presentations.

The advice that we give to other people is that nerves is a false friend, you have to eliminate them and catch the task with strenght and explain to your classmates or your students in the properly way. Not very bored and not very funny.
And here you have the link to our presentation, thanks for reading this and thanks for watching the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwFHUq_uUyJ3cWktSDR4VTRHb2s/view?usp=sharing

Share:

0 comentarios