WEEK 5. You are a STAR!

Hello everybody, I'm Leona and this week I was the star for the task.


When I got picked to be the star I felt quite nervous, but my group assured me that I was going to be fine and that I was going to do a good job.



This week we had to do a work about the darkside of textbooks which I really enjoyed. I think I liked it so much because in the future we are going to have to deal with this issue.


My group, The Prickles, made a book out of cardboard and then we wrote tweets inside of it making it look like a Twitter timeline.


The day of the presentation, all the class divided into different groups, and each group had to come up with a question that our teacher, Linda, could use in an exam about how bad textbooks are. The question we came up with was the following: As a teacher who knows the darkside of textbooks and  you had a student who has been studying from a book for several years, think of two ways you could help him/her learn the subject content without the textbook.


Once we finished our question, we had to go out infront of the class and present it. The presentation was very quick, a lot quicker than I expected as I thought that I was going to have to read all the tweets that we included in the book. I actually really enjoyed being the star this week because it was over and done with before I could even realise so I didn't even have time to get nervous. There was nothing even to get nervous about. As I was reading my question to the class, Linda held up our artifact and showed it to the class. This made me more relaxed knowing that the other students were focusing on her and not me!


If I had to give advice to future stars I would tell them not to stress or overthink the presentation. What's the worst that could happen? That you forget what you are supposed to say? Nobody is going to laugh at you, it's all about learning, baby steps. And it's okay to be nervous, I would say 99% of people get nervous when they have to speak in public, it's normal. But the worst thing you can do is overthink it.

I hope you all enjoyed reading my experience as the star and I also hope my advice comes in handy for yous!

Well bloggers, I'll be back after the Easter holidays. See you then!

P.s. I hope the Easter Bunny comes!

Share:

1 comentarios

  1. Hello Prickles,
    We really love your work of this week .We think that it was a good idea to do a twitter discussion.What´s more,it was well done. We think that it was a clear and funny way to show the disadvantages of textbooks and it was a brilliant idea to do it in paper in order to show it to the class.
    Keep working and good luck!
    The Chalkies

    ResponderEliminar